The Statue of Liberty, which has become an identity of the whole New York and even America, is presented by France to the United States in 1886 as its Friendship.
Today many people are confused about this question that where the exact statue of liberty is located ?
Here, we will talk about its exact location. At the moment, Statue of Liberty is placed on a granite pedestal inside the courtyard of the star-shaped walls of Cooper Wood on Liberty Island in New York Harbor in New York City, The name of this Island was not always Liberty island before it was named “bedloe Island”, which was changed to the liberty island due to the Statue of Liberty in 1956. And from that time it is come to be known officially Liberty Island.
History of Statue Of Liberty
The Statue of Liberty was a gift given by the French people to the Americans in memory of America’s independence on July 4, 1776. This Statue was created by joint efforts of both France and the United States which is Right now, on October 28, 2018, will celebrate its 133rd birthday.
Some information related to Statue of Liberty-
- When the Statue of Liberty was made and stand, it was the largest structure of iron in the whole world.
- Statue of liberty took 9 years to build.
- The height of the Statue of Liberty is equal to the 22-storey building.
- The height from the earth to the torch point is 305 feet 6 inch and the height of the statue from the height to the its foot is 111 feet 6 inches.
- The total weight of this statue is 2,04,116 kg.
- Its waist length is 35 feet and people have to climb 354 stairs to reach its crown.