Uttar Pradesh is the largest state on the basis of India’s population. Here in this post, we will talk on this topic but before that we get some information about Uttar Pradesh.
Uttar Pradesh is located in the north of India, which is near in the states of Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Bihar and Jharkhand. Except this, The border of Uttar Pradesh touches the neighboring country of India.
What is the name of the Uttar Pradesh capital –
The capital of Uttar Pradesh is Lucknow. Lucknow is famous for the Dussehra mango garden and monuments, delicious food and Tehzib. It is the second largest urban area in Uttar Pradesh after Kanpur. Gomti river also flows in the middle of it.
Lucknow is the administrative and statutory capital of Uttar Pradesh and Allahabad is the judicial capital of Uttar Pradesh.
Lucknow is known as the ‘City of Nawab’.
Some interesting information about Uttar Pradesh
Let’s know about some interesting information of this state:
1. Only five countries in the world those are more than population from UP and they are China, India, America, Indonesia and Brazil.
2. History of Uttar Pradesh is more than four thousand years old It is believed that here the Aryans had taken their first step. At that time Vedic civilization started and Uttar Pradesh was born.
3. In the seventh century, this state Kannauj was the main center of the Gupta Empire.
In the Treta Yuga, in Vishnu Avatar, Shri Ramchandra gave birth in the Faizabad district of Uttar Pradesh, which we know today as Ayodhya.
The old name of Uttar Pradesh was the United Provinces.
- The main basis of this state’s economy is agriculture, where rice, wheat, jowar and millet are grown most.
- Uttar Pradesh, India’s official language is considered as the birthplace of Hindi.
- Deepavali, the main festival of Hindus, has got special recognition for lamp lighting in Chitrakoot.
- Tajmahal, which is included in seven wonders of the world, is located in Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
- Uttar Pradesh is the state with 75 districts of India.
- The Allahabad High Court situated in this state is the largest court of Asia.
- Sonbhadra district of Uttar Pradesh is a district whose boundaries touch 4 states.
Capital of UP is named Lucknow. And its biggest city is kanpur. It is the 5th largest state in India with a total area of 2,43,286 square kilometers.